Life is hectic! And I’m sure you already know that but guess what can help, a virtual assistant! While most of us would like to think we can, we can’t do it all, and shouldn’t have to. Being able to delegate tasks is a great way to lighten your load.
As Jessica Jackley states, “deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.” And I decided that I just didn’t want to have to do it all myself anymore.
I always felt like my plate was overflowing and that I never had a minute to just relax. Can you relate? And that is why I hired a virtual assistant from Upwork. She’s a sweet woman from the Philippines who I have never met, but have learned I can’t do without!
While, she is just helping me grow my social media sites I hope that she can help me with more things as my business grows. I get that getting an assistant of any kind isn’t on most peoples radar because, well it cost money!
But you have to factor in the time that a virtual assistant saves you. If you didn’t have to spend a ton of time sharing your listings on Poshmark (unless you use a bot, which stop it lol) or liking and commenting endlessly to grow your Instagram, what else could you use that time doing? Most likely, making more money!
I thought that it was worth it to get a virtual assistant because it was within my price range and it free’s up a ton of my time.
Here are some tips when hiring someone from Upwork
- Look at the reviews, it’s almost like reading someone’s references
- Look at the success rates, I usually go for between 95-100% success ratee when seeking assistance from someone on the app
- Don’t limit yourself to your country, there are people from all over the world with equal skill sets, so expand your search to include those outside of your country
- Require a cover letter on your listing, When I’m looking for someone to help me on a project, I always require a cover letter. It helps me learn a little more about the person and if they don’t include one to me it screams lack of effort and motivation, which means I probably wouldn’t want them on my team.
- Pay rate, decide how you want to pay the person before listing a job. I like to have a set amount monthly instead of paying by the hour.
So are you ready to lessen your work load and make even more money? What are you waiting for?
If you want to know anything else about my personal experience with hiring a virtual assistant ask in the comments below. I’d be happy to answer!
Leave a Reply